My Great Grandfather 'GRAMPS' born in 1875,
said my thumb was called a THINKING FINGER
and it was named this long before it was called just a thumb.


Gramps said that every time he hit his THINKING FINGER (thumb) with a hammer
it made him then think long and harder the next time he did something without thinking first.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

My oldie music day (Saturdays)

GREAT I AM: YAHWEH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hg6rwGwDCY

This is the link to my personally created playlist of about 200 oldies - and a playlist that I seem to continually add songs. This is my background music usually for Saturdays - plays for hours, trust me. http://www.playlist.com/playlist/11721195531/standalone

In my own personally held belief system the DAY OF REST started yesterday (Friday) at Sunset and will end for the week today at Sunset. It took me until during my 30's (now over 60 years old) to have begun to CLAIM this DAY TO REST from the seemingly non-stop activities of adulthood.

If I had not claimed this as my DAY OF REST ... I would still be waiting for some adult to come along like an authority figure and give me permission to claim it for myself. RELIGION is definable as a WAY OF LIFE. RELIGION is not definable as some box on some governmental form mandating that you check their set out options with OTHER also an option frequently provided upon these forms.

It is easy to perceive that some adults find a personal power trip over being the boss of other adult humans and I personally put this human behavior in my mental file cabinet under: CONTROL ISSUES. I have a hard enough time controlling ME, let alone desiring some throne of authority over another adult!

Saturday is said to be the 6th day of the WEEK, however, the word WEEK can also be spelled WEAK. WEAK is WHY I like this day of REST.


What REST meant to me back when I was a small kid is NOT what that simple word means to me now that I'm over 60 years old. Today I perceive the DAY OF REST maybe like where you stand up and TRUST that when you fall over backwards the people will catch you ... however, it is more that I TRUST this Miraculous Universe.


We have been admonished to be CHILDLIKE (versus childish) and perhaps my DAY OF REST is permission to be in a childlike stance for a day. The adult in me has spent the preceding days being this (supposed) adult and I have shelter, food, water, etc. This is my day that I can look around my home with gratitude that there is both hot and cold water and I do not need to chop wood for my heat and there are no lion, tigers and bears outside to guard against.

THE SEEN AND THE UNSEEN

It my opinion, there is FEEDING the seen physical form and FEEDING THE SOUL, the unseen form. SOUL is a term that can lead me into conversations upon the spectrum of light and other topic areas relating the scientific words of ENERGY and FORCE. For a course example, science enables a child to perceive the FORM of an atom that cannot be seen by the human optic nerve. And ATOM is a subject area that could lead me into discussion upon the Ancient Language of Sanskrit and also the topic of human ethics that is now lacking in science whether with the splitting of the atom or combining plant and animal DNA into GMO foods that we consume.

There was the time period of American history that humans were busy thinking about splitting wood for the fire to keep warm and splitting has taken on a greater and expanded meaning when the following news article can be read on this Saturday morning:


Then cows eat grass and we drink milk and the honey bees are disappearing. The idea of living in the land of milk and honey belongs now to the past history of humanity prior to genetically modified seeds and nuclear power plants.

I recall my father now deceased so frequently stating that teenagers better appreciate that time of their lives when they think they know it all - because that time period of knowing it all, does not last that long.

This teenager know it all phase is WHY that I chose to listen to my oldies music playlist on Saturday that is my own DAY OF REST ... perhaps like going back through time to those days now in my own antiquity when I falsely thought I too knew it all. When you have ABSTRACT thinking birthed ... you do get a false sense of having it all put together. Personally, there is alot to be said for CONCRETE COGNITION and those simple days when REST meant to go take your nap and be quiet for awhile and give mom a break.

I chuckle with the thought that is maybe why this DAY OF REST is one of the 10 commandments - the CREATOR OF ALL would appreciate those vain human creatures to take a nap for a day and stop using their human creativity and making messes.