My Great Grandfather 'GRAMPS' born in 1875,
said my thumb was called a THINKING FINGER
and it was named this long before it was called just a thumb.


Gramps said that every time he hit his THINKING FINGER (thumb) with a hammer
it made him then think long and harder the next time he did something without thinking first.

Friday, February 3, 2012

The murder of my little grandson has DEFINITELY taken a toll on my once high ability to handle stress!!

This is a nation where it seems EVERYONE is dealing with their own stress and hearing me talk about mine could get more than annoying. However, after having 3 of my 4 children having diagnoses of schizophrenia (schizophrenia, paranoid schizophrenia and schizoaffective) - I do not minimize this now 61 year old woman having had experience with high level of stress on a daily basis.

One of greatest issues may be after onset of my 3 children's diagnoses is to turn off that mother energy in me - all three are now are able to live independently, manage their own affairs, etc. My Sufi teacher taught about this Mother Energy:

The power that the heart quality has is immense. The hen, when it is taking care of its young ones, will not hesitate to fight an elephant in defense of its chicks. The heart full of love for its young gives the hen such power that it does not even see the size of the elephant. Its confidence in its own power is greater than the strength of the elephant. - Hazrat Inayat Khan
http://wahiduddin.net/php/highlight_w.php?page=http://wahiduddin.net/mv2/VIIIa/VIIIa_4_4.htm&call=/cgi-bin/texis/webinator/search_rjs&query=stress&pr=full_site&prox=page&rorder=250&rprox=750&rdfreq=500&rwfreq=250&rlead=0&sufs=2&order=r&cq=&cmd=context&id=4efa4ad55ef#hit1